Polaris Bank was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Skye Bank. With a footprint of over 350 branches across the country, Polaris Bank prides itself in delivering exceptional customer experience, leveraging best in class/state of the art Information Communication Technology (ICT). By focusing on ICT solutions across multiple service delivery channels (mobile banking, ATMs, POS and online platforms) Polaris Bank maintains a pivotal role in the Nigerian banking industry, providing customers with simple, convenient and secured banking services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor – Excess Charge Investigation
Who Are We Looking For
- We are looking for an Investigating Officer with specialty in the review of claims on excess charges complaints.
- For this role, you should understand the credit dynamics and the applicable CBN Guide to Bank Charges.
- You should also be able to create spreadsheets and analyze quantitative data.
- Skill in Advance Excel, ACL and Active Data would be an added advantage.
- Ultimately, you should help us achieve our goals through prompt review and response to customer and regulatory enquiries.
- Conduct detailed interviews and assist other investigators with in-person interviews aimed at obtaining facts.
- Reconciliation of customer’s accounts in relation to excess charges and other claims.
- Write well-structured logical and objective reports.
- Provide testimony in civil and criminal proceedings as needed.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Report on control deficiencies to management and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value.
- Challenging current processes across the company and identify opportunities for refinement.
- Engaging remediation of identified issues through follow-up.
- Playing an active role in the maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all legislation and best practices.
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in the investigation of customer’s complaint, especially on credit related issues
- Passion for analytical review and preparation of reports in chronological form.
- Knowledge and experience in advance excel, ACL and/or Active Data.
- A strong understanding of Regulatory Guidelines, Consumer Protection Regulation and CBN Monetary Policies.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Careers@Polarisbanklimited.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.