The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority is a Nigerian establishment which manages the Nigeria sovereign wealth fund, into which the surplus income produced from Nigeria’s excess oil reserves is deposited. This sovereign wealth fund was founded for the purpose of managing and investing these funds on behalf of the government of Nigeria. The wealth fund commenced operations in October 2012 and was set up by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Act, which was signed in May 2011. It is intended to invest the savings gained on the difference between the budgeted and actual market prices for oil to earn returns that would benefit future generations of Nigerians.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Reference Number: NS2O/3003
- Under the supervision of the Head, Internal Audit, the successful candidate will provide assurance on internal controls adequacy and effectiveness through the conduct of risk-based audits and deputize in the absence of the Head of Internal Audit.
- Support the preparation and administration of annual audit plans
- Conduct Internal audit of the Authority based on approved plan
- Support the Institutionalizing of Internal control framework and continuously evaluate the adequacy of these controls
- Support the maintenance of comprehensive systems for recording all audit plans, work papers, findings, reports and follow up audits
- Conduct periodic physical verification of fixed assets.
- Support the continual review and assessment of effectiveness and efficiency of policies, procedures and processes across the organization and identify improvement opportunities.
- Work directly with other Unit Heads on the implementation of controls including business process redesign, policies and procedures documentation, evidence evaluation and systems enhancements.
- Investigate violations of the Authority’s operational procedures and make recommendations on appropriate preventive / remedial action.
- Support the provision of regular, accurate and objective reports / updates for management attention.
- Liaise with the Unit Head and implement recommendations of the Audit Committee.
- Support the Head, Internal Audit in managing relations with the Audit Committee, senior management, employees and other relevant external parties.
- Support monitoring of the Authority’s compliance with all relevant lows and regulations (local and International).
- Coordinate and interact with audit firms performing external audits of the Authority’s financial statements.
- Support the review of the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, and business objectives.
- Any other ad hoc task assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- First degree from a reputable institution.
- Relevant professional qualification (s) i.e. ACA, ACCA.
- Other additional qualification(s) i.e. MBA, CIA, CRMA, CCSA, CISA etc. will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 8 years with a reputable organization, 6 of which must be in the Internal Audit/Control function
- Experience in a reputable audit firm is an advantage
- Appreciable understanding of the NSIA’s mandate
- Good knowledge of Audit & Investigation
- Financial and Data Analysis Skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of a risk-based internal audit approach covering planning fieldwork, reporting and follow up
- Ability to build co-operation and collaboration between departments and other groups
- Ability to manage projects within the internal audit activity or organization effectively
- Good report writing and oral communications skills
- Good understanding of risk management, control and governance through the delivery of assurance
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.