Alert Microfinance Bank is a leading financial service provider with core mandate of providing affordable, flexible financial and non-financial services to SME, Private and Public Sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
- Internal Audit Manager at our organization is responsible to play a critical role of delivering our organization’s strategic objectives of control processes, adequacy and effectiveness of governance and management of risks, giving an evidence-based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management, and internal audit.
- Report periodically to the Managing Director and Board, on the internal control and audit activity’s purpose, authority, responsibility and performance relative to its plan
- Design and prepare Annual Audit Plan (AAP) by applying a risk-based approach to ensure the organization complies with internal regulations and policies and established protocols.
- Develop and maintain the internal control and audit procedures to ensure that best practice is taken account of and that the established controls audits address specific areas of risk management.
- Strengthen the bank’s Internal Control mechanism through in-depth recommendation
- Assess the suitability of current internal controls, making suggestions for improvements where needed.
- Prepare reports of audit findings and make recommendations to the Board of Directors and Management.
- Liaise with internal advisors and examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Protect the confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information with legal confines
- Analyze audit results for adequate and effective “corrective actions” for management to improve.
- Supervise fraud investigations involving customer accounts and recovery of fraud
- Develop controls to ensure safeguard of asset and their effective utilization
- Prepare and supervise audit mission, working paper formulations, report writing and anomalies/risk identification
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be required to meet the objectives of Alert Microfinance Bank.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc or HND in Accounts and Finance related role.
- Minimum 5 years of Cognate experience as Internal Audit Manager in a Microfinance Bank is a MUST.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional association, e.g. ACA, ICAN, ACCA.
- Previous experience in Management and proficient use of banking software E.g BankOne
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Very Attractive (With Incentives and Commission)
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Internal Audit Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.