WASIL – West African Soy Industries Limited operates one of the largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes in Africa. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and other states across Nigeria. The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. WASIL also educates the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and trains women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full time
- Ensure optimized equipment performance for all field instruments (Sensors, Transmitters, Flowmeter, Control Valves, etc.) Motors and Drives by maintaining and improving equipment, line electrical & automation controls.
- Drive innovation and improvement.
- Manage people and resources to ensure uncompromised safety, availability and quality and minimizing the impact of the activities on the environment.
- Upskilling, training and development of electrical, Instrumentation and automation technicians.
- Coordinate and ensure, when important, successful implementation of process optimization (modifications) projects becomes.
- B.Sc or HND Electrical / Electronics
- 3-5 years working experience in the field of Electrical & Automation Industries, Versatile with PLC systems (Siemen, Allen Bradley) VSD and VFD
- Good knowledge of circuit troubleshooting via electrical diagrams, ladder Diagrams, pneumatic diagrams etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists
- Strong electrical design and debugging skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to formulate and document a high-level plan with input from many functional groups.
- Experience with embedded controllers, I/O handling systems and PLC’s
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Good hands-on experience in Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs programming and surfing.
- Good knowledge in SCADA and HMI units.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
- Leadership skills.
- Apt in field instruments calibration.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online