Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) Recruitment 2020/2021 for Research Coordinator. Apply for Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) Job & Vacancy Recruitment 2020/2021 Today. The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
The Impact of Non-B HIV-1 Subtype on second-line Protease Inhibitor Regimens in Africa (INSPIRE) project is one of the research projects being implemented by the Institute. INSPIRE seeks to identify factors that predict virological failure among patients with Protease Inhibitor (PI) containing regimens.
To execute this project, IHVN is seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill in the position of:
Job Title: Research Coordinator – INSPIRE
- The Research Coordinator works with and under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), INSPIRE NIH R01 – 1R01AI147331-01.
- The Research Coordinator will support, facilitate and coordinate daily clinical trial activities.
- S/he will work with the PrincipaI Investigator of the study, research sponsor and institution and colleagues to support and provide guidance on aspects of the study e.g administration of the compliance, finance and personnel.
- The Research Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the program plan, coordinating core teams, arranging network meetings, coordinating training evaluations, monitoring of programs and ensuring that all program milestones are met.
- S/he will ensure that budget and reports timelines are met and a good working relationship established with Key Project Personnel.
- The Research Coordinator will report primarily to the Principal Investigator with associated responsibilities to the Department Head, Division Administrator or Program administrator.
- Collaborate with the PI, department, and institutional administration to ensure that clinical research and related activities are performed in accordance with federal regulations and sponsoring agency policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the PI to prepare Institutional Review Board /FCT Health Research Ethics Committee/National and any other regulatory submission documents as required by the protocol.
- Assist the PI in development of materials and tools necessary to appropriately train individuals involved in the conduct of the study around issues related to (but not limited to) protocol requirements, execution of research plan. Maintain documentation of training. Provide appropriate training and tools for study team members.
- Ensure the efficient day-today operation of research activities and serve as the point of contact for internal study staff
- Monitor and maintain records of the progress of research activities, prepare periodic reports
- Collaborate with PI and institution to respond to any audit findings and implement approved recommendations.
- Collaborate with the PI and department to prepare a categorized budget and justification. Confirm accuracy and completeness of budgeted costs.
- Attend investigator meetings as required or requested by the PI.
- Prepare other study materials like informed consent documents case report forms (CRFs), enrollment logs, and drug/device accountability logs.
- Assist PI in submission of informed consent documents to Human Research Protection Office (HRPO) for review and approval.
- Establish and organize study files, including, regulatory binders, study specific source documentation and other materials.
- Screen subjects for eligibility using protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria, documenting each potential participant’s eligibility or exclusion.
- Assist PI in communication of study requirements to all individuals involved in the study. Maintain study timelines and adequate inventory of study supplies.
- Plan and coordinate regular advisory board and steering committee meetings.
- In conjunction with the PI, execute targets within agreed time lines.
- Must hold a M.Sc / MPH in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or Implementation Science.
Application Closing Date
29th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy- Director, Human Resources” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.