ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992 as an Oil and Gas servicing company with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation, the company has grown in leaps and bounds, expanding its business horizon, but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inspection Advisor II
Employment Type: Contract
- Promote safety within area of specialty
- Provide a very high level of quality expertise in inspection disciplines such as rotating equipment, instrumentation and electrical equipment, fixed equipment or Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) (e.g. NDE Level III for instance)
- Advise on all quality matters associated with procurement and installation of equipment
- Monitor production processes and perform surveillance activities in a manufacturing or fabrication environment.
- Coordinate and oversee activities of 3rd party and/or Contractor source inspectors
- Perform surveillance activities, quality inspection activities in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs)
- Provide direction to suppliers on quality management. Review and evaluate Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality documents for accuracy and adequacy.
- Manage interfaces and coordination between Suppliers, Contractors, Quality Supervision and other Project Team disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Construction)
- Lead development and execution of detailed oversight program for high criticality activities or critical equipment inspections.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs), final inspection release activities, review of supplier Quality Control documents and support closure of punch list items.
- Keep Quality supervision updated with status of quality issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership / expertise in quality inspection activities, make judgments and decisions the technical and physical adequacy of associated equipment and systems
- Provides input to and validate Contractor’s / Supplier procedures for inspection and for testing / examining components
- Generate, review and revise operational procedures for inspection and test equipment
- Interface with Quality and Engineering disciplines to provide inspection and testing expertise in the development and review of drawings, procedures and Project plans.
- Support project with the development of method statements and/or examination technique recommendations for equipment inspections; travel to construction and/or fabrication site when requested to review and make technical advice for compliance with specified requirements
- Coordinate activities of 3rd party and Contractor’s inspectors within discipline, in conjunction with Supplier’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) team
- Utilize Quality Management expertise to perform audits and/or assessments of Contractors / Supplier implementation of inspection activities and document deficiencies
- Perform supplementary inspections and verification in accordance with requirements of the Inspection and Testing Plan (ITP) and the Project Surveillance Plan(s)
- Provide early warning of potential quality problems and the expertise to avoid / resolve them.
- 4week on / 4week off – 28 days on / 28 days off – 28 days on / 28 days off.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering or Science preferred
- Experience executing project construction or quality assurance/control of procurement or construction activities
- Manufacturing, fabrication or construction experience related to project scope
- Recent experience in selected inspection discipline
- Willing and able to business travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide various levels of support
- Additional Comments for suppliers: o ASNT Level 3 in at least 5 out of 7 NDT methods.
- Minimum of 5 years NDE advisory experience (inspector training, code interpretation, 3rd party supervision).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Inspection Advisor II” as the subject of the email.