The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with a mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of the health of the people in the ECOWAS region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant for the Final Evaluation of the Project “Moving Maternal Newborn and Child Health Evidence into Policy in West Africa (MEP)”
Reference No: MEP/TEND/AMI/2020/05/bk
Location: West Africa
Slot: 2 Openings
- The West African Health Organisation (WAILO), a specialized Institution of ECO WAS, has received grants from the international Development Research Centre (IDRC) for the implementation of the ‘Moving Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Evidence into Policy in West Africa” (MP) and intends to use part of this giant to make payments under the following contract: “Recruitment of two (2) individual consultants for the final evaluation of the project “Moving maternal newborn and child health evidence into policy in West Africa (MEP)”.
- The study will be divided into two zones: Francophone zone composed of Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali and Senegal and Anglophone zone composed of Ghana and Nigeria.
- The general objective of the evaluation is to study the realization of the role of the Health Policy and Research Organisation of the West African Health Organisation as defined in the IMCHA initiative.
Services to be provided by consultants:
- Analyse the contribution of WAHO to the ownership of Innovating for maternal and child health in Africa (IMCUA) funded projects and their results by the authorities of the implementing countries;
- Identify the capacity building and mutual learning that WAHO has provided to the research teams and document their contributions to the Implementation and dissemination of project results;
- Determine WAHO’s contribution to facilitating knowledge transfer to improve the use of research findings to influence policy in countries.
Duration of the mission:
- This evaluation will be carried out over a period of two (2) months with a maximum intervention time of 22 working day far each of the consultants.
The assignment will be carried out by two individual consultants with the following qualifications:
- Hold at least one postgraduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in Public Health or Social Sciences;
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in public health issues, MNCH in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Have conducted at least three (3) health projects or programme evaluation missions.
- Have developed and published at least one article on the results of a project evaluation;
- Have a good knowledge of French or English speaking countries of West Africa.
Application Closing Date
12:00 hours GMT; 30th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individual should submit an expression of interest with the reference “Recruitment of two (2) individual consultants for final evaluation of moving maternal newborn and child evidence into policy in West Africa” (MEP) project” to WAHO via post or email at the address below:
West African Health Organization,
01 BP 153 Bobo-Dioulasso 01
Avenue Ouezzin COULIBALY.
Submission of Expression of Interest:
- A consultant may express interest in one or both zones. In the event that he expresses interest in both areas, he must specify the area for which he has more preference. At the end of the procedure, a different consultant will be selected for each Zone.
Content of the expression of interest:
- The West African Health Organization invites eligible Individual Consultants to express their interest in providing the services described above.
- The Consultant must provide a technical file including the letter of expression of interest, past experiences (curriculum vitae highlighting degrees, experience gained, missions carried out, employers, periods of precise completion of each mission or post, experience in carrying out similar missions, as well as references for possible verifications, etc.).
- The consultant will be selected in accordance with the consultant selection procedures defined in the ECOWAS procurement code available at https://www.ecowas.int
Criteria for the evaluation of expressions of interest
- Degree (holder of at least one postgraduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in public health or social sciences): 10 points;
- General experience (at least 10 years experience in public health issues, MNCH in sub-Saharan Africa): 10 points;
- Specific experiences: at least two (02) health project or programme evaluation missions: 60 points;
- Have a good knowledge of French and English speaking countries of West Africa: 10 points;
- Have developed and published at least one article on the results of a project evaluation: 10 points.
- WAHO shall not bear any costs or expenses incurred by the individual Consultant in connection with the preparation or submission of the EOl.
- Interested Individual consultants can download the TORs from the WAHO website at: www.wahooas.org.
- They can also obtain additional information about the TORs at the address below and during workIng days and hours Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00:
- Mrs. Lalaissa AMOUKOU
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org