Pyramids Diagnostics Services was established to meet the critical desire to bridge the gap in the diagnostic arm of the health sector in Nigeria. Our services ranges from pre-admission medical examination, pre-employment medical examination. We conduct varying laboratory tests; molecular testing; paternity DNA testing, Hepatitis Virus Load, HIV viral load, BRACA I & II, HLA testing, cancer related testing etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Imaging Scientist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- Prepare patient for diagnostic imaging exam.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders to administrators for supplies; verifying radiology supplies delivered by suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography with possession of a provisional license to practice from the respective regulatory bodies is mandatory.
- Must have 4 years work experience.
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- High level, clear and effective, oral and written communication skills
- A responsible and mature approach to their work.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as supervise the work of more junior staff in the laboratory.
- Use of MRI and CT Scan required.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted