Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Proposed Start date: August 2021
Direct Line Manager: ICT Officer
- Backing up of all users’ official data on the server and then server files are backed up on the NAS at scheduled times for offices
- Ensure security of all users information/data against threats by installing anti-virus on all the computers and regularly update for offices.
- Installation of all user’s relevant application on the respective user computer;
- Managing the functionality of all CCTV systems and take responsibility to backing up of all CCTV footages for offices
- Collaborate with the procurement team to see that all requested equipment/services are delivered with the right specifications
- Coding/labelling of all procured equipment in close collaboration with the DHoD – Infra.
- Configure/install equipment for all users of offices.
- Creating and updating hardcopy of all equipment folders with the equipment card and other relevant information for offices.
- Supports the ICT Officer to allocate all requested equipment to office users with well-documented Equipment Temporary Allocation Form.
- Carry out periodic maintenance of all ICT equipment in offices and always put them in good working condition
- Repair of all equipment for offices and allocation of GSM lines to users and takes full responsibility of maintaining the records.
- Closely monitor the delivery of all services by the service provider as agreed in the Service Level Agreement to ensure that the agreed services are provided for offices.
- Monitor the use of all communication services (internet, gsm, satallite and radio);
- Configuration of all accounts (email, NHF and other relevant platform) for all users of offices and maintains the database for same for the locations;
- Supports the ICT Officer in the day to day user support and all requested supports are rendered within reasonable time frame for users of offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields. A non-related field with professional certifications and minimum of 3 years work related experience.
- Professional certificate(s) and/or trainings in the ICT related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar responsibilities is required.
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international related NGOs
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality including the ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN172,695 per month
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply