Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICCM Nurse Supervisor
Location: Gomboru / Ngala , Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Place of Recruitment: Gamboru
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning ICCM and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Organize and coordinate all ICCM activities and follow up his/her team (monthly planning, daily attendance, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance, define training needs in order to provide support that enhance their capacity and maintain high standards of quality service.
- Conduct refresher trainings, supervision and coaching of the CHWs, for their mastery of the algorithms, the consultation technics and practices that ensure a better and satisfactory management or referral of patients that attend the ICCM sites.
- Ensure that all CHWs are able to recognize danger signs and refer all patients that have them on time
- Maintain and follow up the compliance with hygiene procedures by the CHWs, and ensures that his/her team follow MSF protocols and standards in order to warrant the quality of care and service in the ICCM facilities.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up on expired drugs and also drugs consumption, etc.). in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all staff using medical devices are trained and understand how to operate them..
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative ( transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-making.
- Give regular completive feedback/ reports to his/her line manager in a timely manner.
- Essential: Recognized Nursing Diploma.
- Desirable: Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Desirable: 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
- Ability to speak local Languages e.g. Hausa, Kanuri, Kotoko etc.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Note: The job is Strictly Local position.