The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Unit: Human Resources
Department: Finance & Administration Department
- Managing monthly Staff Communication services/tools and liaising with the different Network providers.
- Monitoring staff physical attendance, punctuality and absenteeism.
- Compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Calculating retention, turnover and internal mobility rates, Report on key recruiting metrics like time to fill and hiring costs.
- Assisting in designing, hiring and training plans, forecasting costs by departments and helping to create budgets.
- Assessing results from employee performance reviews (APER).
- Recommending areas of improvement for our HR procedures as well as identifying top reasons for staff attrition.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the HR Manager.
- B.Sc in Human Resources, Business / Public Administration or any relevant field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience as HR Officer or similar role.
- Experience using Human Resources Management Systems.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to create detailed spreadsheets, charts and presentations.
- Good research abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with HR operations including hiring, payroll and employee benefits.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.