Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- The Human Resources Officer (HRO) will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department in relation to the all Human Resource related functions in the organization
- This will include ensuring consistency of our approach to processes and policies and maintaining high quality standards across all of Jhpiego, Nigeria
- The HRO will work with the SHRO while providing support in Talent Acquisition and Management, Recruitment, Personnel Administration & Insurance Management, Performance Management, Career Management and Support, Staff Health Insurance and Learning and Development Management, as well as with Program teams of Jhpiego.
- Support the coordination of inductions for new staff
- Support documentation for all employees
- Maintain trackers of all recruitment and new staff information
- Assist in collecting information required for HR policies and other HR related projects
- Manage a filing system for HR information, including sensitive and confidential information
- Support with administration relating to Learning & Development activities
Recruitment and Orientation:
- Advertise roles in the Jhpiego website, public boards, and any other relevant forums.
- Support in the long listing of applicants based on the minimal requirement specified by the Job Description.
- Arrange interviews, including correspondence with candidates and panel members.
- Together with the SHRO ensure that Cascade recruitment module is maintained and all candidates receive timely communication.
- Keep recruitment data like job descriptions, interview grids, tests on the personal files in line with Data Protection regulations.
HR Programs Support:
- Draft contractual documents for all staff both for national long-term employees and short terms consultancy support;
- Provide oversight support to the state offices to ensure compliance of HR policies in relation to the recruitment of short-term consultancies and other contractual processes;
- Periodically provide on-field support to staff to ensure consistency of all applications of the Human Resources policies as well as other policies across its operating states;
- Lead in the scheduling of HR meetings and appointments.
- Ensure that all employees are covered under the appropriate benefits policy.
- Any other reasonable duties as may be designated to the role from time to time.
- Degree in Business, HR Management or Administration related studies.
- At least 5 -6 years’ experience in Human Resources with strong background in the recruitment process.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Membership of CIPM / SHRM is desired and will be an added advantage.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet).
- Desirable experience with INGO.
Application Closing Date
4p.m Tuesday 3rd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as a SINGLE WORD document to: email@example.com
- Candidates who do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.