Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January, 2008; and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as; emergency / trauma centre, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic centre, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) / Admin Officer
Job Code: #HRL00001
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Human Resources (HR) / Admin Officer is responsible for undertaking a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves and crafting HR policies. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics at the Lagos Branch of the Hospital.
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees’ records.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
- Assist with HR projects.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Maintain official files and records
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts
- Assist with the annual audit
- Manage distribution of utilities bills and collections of accounts
- Administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
- Management and documentation of all hospital assets
- Respond to inquiries
- Issue permits and licenses
- Assist with preparation and advertising of contract documents
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Administer contracts
- Perform other related duties as required
- Manages the annual statutory payments and records.
- Any other duty assigned by the HRM and/or Hospital Manager
- B.Sc / BA in Business administration or relevant field.
- 3+ years proven experience as an HR Officer.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of employment/labour laws.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) will be a plus.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Aptitude in problem-solving.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital.
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment.
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using Job Title and Job Code as the subject of the mail.