Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Slots: 2 Openings
Department: Human Resources
Direct Line Manager: HR Officer / Resourcing Officer
Proposed Start Date: August 2021
- Maintain and update base staff contact list and share on a monthly basis;
- Organize business cards for relevant full time staff in the mission;
- Arrange for hotel or guesthouse accommodation bookings for visiting staff;
- Provide monthly tracking of all flight and hotel bookings;
- Ensure sufficient supply of office and guesthouse cleaning supplies and materials and work with HR to replenish them on a quarterly basis;
- Manage the stocking of stationery store in coordination with Logistics and place appropriate order to re-stock supplies;
- Provide administrative support for new pension and salary account openings or changes;
- Maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc;
- Support the base HR team in the planning and scheduling for new staff briefings and organizing training activities;
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of Base National staff;
- Support in advertising campaigns within budget– online and other media as appropriate;
- Support the long listing of applicants and preparation of recruitment tools and documents when required;
- Support the Resourcing Officer in tracking recruitment activities ensuring all candidates receive timely communication and feedback;
- Tracking and filing of HR documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management or equivalent year of experience;
- Experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions, 1+ years;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N172,695 Monthly.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.