In West Africa, MainOne Cable is a top facilitator and go-to supplier of cutting-edge telecom services and network solutions, including connectivity and data centre solutions, for telecom operators, ISPs, other companies, and governmental organisations.
The success of MainOne Cable is founded on the ability of our employees to be leaders in their professions and to be exceptionally talented and skilled. You won’t find another job like the one you have at MainOne. Joining MainOne will make you feel challenged, proud, and inspired as you become a part of something significant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Intern (Performance Management)
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Contract
- The HR Intern shall support the implementation of the organisation’s performance management strategy and initiatives across all jurisdictions.
- He / she will also provide administrative support for the implementation of the organisational design strategy.
Specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Provide end to end administrative support for the performance management process- Goal Setting, Mid and year-end appraisals
- Facilitate the implementation of Mid and Year-end appraisal outcomes
- Administrative coordination of the performance management process refresher sessions
- Track the probationary process for new employees to ensure they are confirmed as at when due
- Coordinate the administration of the performance improvement process
- Initiate 360-degree appraisals or Upward Feedback Surveys as required
- Update organisational charts on a monthly basis and as required
- Update the MainOne Competency Framework as required
- Prepare reports to provide key HR operational information on areas managed quarterly or as required to facilitate informed strategic decision making and control
- Prepare and update the internship report on a monthly basis
- Support the implementation of HR policies for assigned areas to ensure they are relevant, responsive, up-to-date and properly understood company-wide
- Support the development and implementation of HR practices/initiatives which encourage employee engagement and involvement
- Provide support for HR Special Projects including conducting research as required
- Complete other ad-hoc tasks that may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines
- Minimum of 1 year experience in HR management
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Working knowledge of the Labour Laws in our operational locations.
Demands of the Job:
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function
- High level of initiative and creativity in discharging assigned tasks
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines when required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online