In West Africa, MainOne Cable is a top facilitator and go-to supplier of cutting-edge telecom services and network solutions, including connectivity and data centre solutions, for telecom operators, ISPs, other companies, and governmental organisations.
The success of MainOne Cable is founded on the ability of our employees to be leaders in their professions and to be exceptionally talented and skilled. You won’t find another job like the one you have at MainOne. Joining MainOne will make you feel challenged, proud, and inspired as you become a part of something significant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Intern (Employee Development & Engagement)
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Contract
- The Employee Development & Engagement Intern will support the development and implementation of comprehensive learning and employee engagement interventions in order to maintain a motivated and skilled workforce that effectively meet the needs of Main One.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the development of the company’s learning
- Collation of learning and development (L & D) needs company wide, through job analysis, performance appraisals and regular consultation with business
- Support the development and implementation of the company-wide curriculum and annual training plan.
- Manage the company’s e-learning platforms and generate monthly utilization reports
- Facilitate the implementation of a company-wide knowledge sharing system.
- Facilitate the fulfilment of statutory training requirements.
- Manage ITF submissions & reimbursement processing
- Track training expenses in line with approved budgets and conduct a reconciliation with the training ledger on a monthly basis.
- Conduct post training evaluation on employees (upon completion of course) and their line managers.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in L & D by reading relevant journals, taking relevant courses etc.
- Support the development and implementation of the annual employee engagement plan.
- Employee relations and welfare administration
- Leave management
- HMO Management
- Stay interviews management
- Annual Employee Satisfaction Survey administration
- Culture management administration including facilitation employee engagement activities/events
- Exit & Alumni Management administration.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of Social Science or Humanities.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in human resources management or other relevant profession
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal & organisational skills
- Keen attention to details, strong time management and multitasking skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think innovatively.
- Impeccable team working skills
- Good presentation skills
- Customer-service orientation.
Demands of the Job:
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
- Strong initiative and creativity in discharging assigned tasks.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines when required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online