Westfield Consulting Limited – Our client, an indigenious Engineering Firm is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proficiency in conducting Environmental Studies such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental Audit, Air Quality Assessment, Effluent Discharge Monitoring Report etc.
- Monitor health and safety, assess risk, and design strategies to reduce potential hazards within an assigned workplace or geographic area
- Technical report writing such as EAR, EIA, EIS, PIAR, PIA, etc.
- Develop Strategies to reduce incidents of illness, environmental accidents, and other issues that may affect public safety.
- Responsible for end-to-end HSE management for a portfolio group (a group of client) and providing expert advice and guidance to that group to encourage them to achieve a strong safety culture
- Policy recommendations as necessary to the Manager, HSE and implement any relevant programs that may involve major change or may impact on the portfolio’s operations
- Develop systems, or programs (including priorities, safety plans, policies and procedures) for all HSE matters of the portfolio group including an audit and inspection register and comprehensive plan that is reviewed annually ensuring inspections are completed promptly and areas needing attention are addressed and monitored to ensure they are rectified quickly
- Develop and maintain HSE committee groups for the portfolio group and utilise HSE representatives to deploy HSE initiatives, conduct local level inspections and audits whilst developing and providing them with the tools to do so
- Develop and maintain up to date registers of First Aiders, Wardens and HSE reps for portfolio group including co-ordinating any processes including voting processes to recruit more representatives as necessary ensuring that the group is always well represented with the appropriate number of representatives who are well trained across their respective areas
- Be the first point of contact for HSE issues for the portfolio group, responding with the requisite level of urgency pending the issue and closing out any issues requiring attention
- Liaise with external third parties for all matters pertaining to portfolio group and co-ordinate issue resolution, including critical incidents.
- Maintain the Incident register and ensure identified issues are managed, resolved and closed out.
- Develop, provide and update tools and other collateral to assist and support portfolio group and any associated areas with HSE issues or building their safety culture e.g.: event management, poster templates etc.
- Work closely with other members of the WR and HSE team and the broader HR team when issues are identified that cut across other areas
- Work closely and develop strong relationships with key internal Stakeholders and other HSE Consultants to ensure consistency of alignment to safety culture, providing expert advice, supporting stakeholders in their safety agenda and working cross functionally on projects as required.
- Provide support to the HSE Manager as required
- Investigate environmental accidents and other public safety concerns within the market and give recommendations
- Give Presentations about current safety hazards based on market research to facilitate trainings on avoiding health, safety, and environmental hazards.
- Assess risks associated with tools and equipment, job-sites, and work environments within their assigned research market.
- Hands-on knowledge of HSE equipment usage
Key Performance Indicator:
- Timely delivery
- Customer service and client satisfaction
- Good communication
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications with a minimum of 1 year work experience.
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.