UpEnergy brings aspirational energy saving products within reach for low-income communities. We create valuable health and environmental outcomes by providing our users with products that improve their lives every day. Our approach combines local, on-the-ground teams leveraging our platform to best serve users, with over a decade of experience building platforms that generate valuable carbon emission reductions and allow us to provide our products to local communities at affordable subsidized prices.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: HR & Communications Manager
Human Resource Strategy, Organizational Culture & Employee Engagement
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy for Nigeria
- Ensure that all aspects of the HR function promote an organizational culture of teamwork and service, high quality, transparency and accountability, innovation and inclusiveness
- Responsible for all aspects of the HR function, playing a key role in building and development, implementation and alignment of HR Programs with business while supporting the day to day HR needs
- Responsible for overall country Compensation & benefits. Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent. Provide payroll processing backup support; partner with Finance to maintain the payroll database
- Manage the recruitment and selection process and monitor the HR operating budget and monthly expenses
- Take full responsibility of the recruitment platform, BambooHR and manage it for the Nigeria team
Employee Relations: HR policies and procedures:
- As the Human Resources Manager, assist with the communication and adaptation of global Talent policies and ensure they are applied within the team business units and enforce organizational values
- Provide guidance and act as a bridge between management and employees by addressing demands, grievances, disciplinaries and other HR related issues
- Responsible for overall monitoring and monthly reporting of all employee leave days and ensuring that all Paid Time Off (PTO) plans are submitted through BambooHR. Work with management to ensure leave alignment across the business units.
- Help to conduct company surveys such as engagement surveys, cost-benefit analysis, salary surveys
- Direct initiatives that lead to the health, wellness, performance and overall satisfaction of staff. Assist and support the fun, interactive All Hands meetings and other internal and external initiatives that celebrate and nurture culture and cohesion
Talent Management & Leadership Development:
- Work closely with the management and Global Talent team to execute any retention and succession planning and support initiatives to develop leadership skills in Leaders and Managers.
- In consultation with departmental heads, implement coaching and mentoring programs, and any other Learning & Development (L&D) programs that are relevant to upskill the team.
Performance Management and HR Compliance:
- Oversee and manage the performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Provide support to the teams and ensure the effective and timely implementation of the appraisal process of quarterly coffee chats and annual reviews, as well as the ongoing regular check-in meetings to enable efficient performance management and Individual development plans.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Does that sound like you?
- At least five years of substantial experience in a generalist human resource management role and/or as an HR business partner role
- Experience in the development of HR strategy, HR policy development, recruitment, performance management and appraisals, learning and development, compensation and benefits, recruitment, payroll, staff engagement and exit processes
- General knowledge of HR compliance employment legislation and regulations
- Proficient computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HR management systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experienced at multitasking under pressure against demands and deadlines, whilst always maintaining a positive and constructive attitude and demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and maturity
- Flexible approach to working, able to pick up a variety of tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Agility and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
The Human Resource & Communications Manager will receive a competitive salary and bonus.