Higher Ground International Schools Teaching Staff Recruitment (15 Openings). Higher Ground International Schools Teaching Jobs in Nigeria 2020/2021. Higher Ground International Schools (HGIS) Uzuakoli in Abia State, is a newly built ultramodern Secondary, Primary and Nursery School located along Uzuakoli – Umuahia highway with a beautiful learning environment, and world-class teaching and learning facilities. Our school offers a wide range of learning experiences from academics, morals, to mentorship and sports development. Our curriculum is a unique blend of British and Nigerian based on our philosophy of “training the mind, impact for self/talent discovery and mentoring towards excellent fulfillment of potentials.
We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tutor (For Various Subjects – Secondary School)
- Helps to implement the organization’s vision, in the Secondary school section by exhibiting high level of punctuality, competence, and good morals.
- Be more committed in delivering world class learning programs in line with British-Nigerian curriculum, by rendering a more detailed classroom work, field exhibition , practical session, mentorship programs and where necessary, extra mural class programs..
- May be required to take other roles as class teacher, form master/mistress, house master/mistress, Agric master/mistress and etc all geared towards a providing a holistic learning and mentorship coverage.
- Should have a minimum of B.A, B.Ed., B.Sc. in relevant Arts, Sciences or humanities courses. Post graduate teaching experience and/or M. A, M.Ed. or M.Sc. is an added advantage.
- Ability to handle at least two subjects either at junior/senior levels or one for each is an added advantage but not a Must
- Effectively teach subject(s) as assigned by the Principal and / or School Administrator
- Accesses students’ performance through continuous assessments and examinations
- Must be computer literate and excellent in word processing
- Ensures that students abide by the rules and regulations of the school
- Contributes his/her quota towards the growth and development of the school
- Receives complaints from parents and channel it to the appropriate quarters
- Provide needed support as form teacher for assigned class
- Where applicable, provides guidance and counseling support to students
- Conduct daily assessment and fill up dossier for assigned class.
- Handle any other duty and positions as assigned by the Principal and / or School Administrator.
- Should have a minimum of B.A, B.Ed., and B.Sc. in relevant Arts, Sciences or humanities courses.
- M.A, M.Ed. or M.Sc and/or previous teaching experience would be added advantage.
- Must be disciplined, of good character, passionate about students, fluent in English, ready to mold lives and take up for the challenging roles of a growing school in line with the vision of the founder/CEO.
- Computer literacy and excellent in word processing is a must.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online