PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a development finance institution involved in providing short and medium-term loans, risk bearing services as well as trade and market information and export advisory services to the Nigerian export community.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Treasury and Foreign Operations
Reference Number: 130-PEO01174
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Managing the organisation’s liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost effective and prudent manner while maintaining and managing optimal investments to drive business values.
- Coordinating and managing the design and implementation of mechanisms to enable proactive identification, resolution and management of financial risks (liquidity, interest rate, etc).
- Articulating and ensuring the Treasury and Foreign Operations Strategy aligns with the corporate goals and objectives of the organisation.
- Providing guidance and direction in the execution of the department’s work plans and programmes.
- Establishing processes that enhancing effective identification of financial risks and exposure and facilitating appropriate foreign exchange and interest hedging decisions.
- Managing the organisation’s cash flow liquidity and ensuring its ability to meet financial obligations/contingencies and operations.
- Ensuring timely and accurate collection, banking and records of inflows.
- Ensuring disbursements are approved in line with financial authority limits and adequately supported by relevant documentation.
- Overseeing the preparation of cash forecast and funding requirements to determine the organisation’s cash flow and liquidity position.
- Reviewing and proposing financing options to meet the organisation’s cash deficits/financing needs at minimal cost.
- First degree in Business Administration, Accounting or any other Finance / Business related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. CFA, ACCA, ACA.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience with at least two (2) years managerial experience.
- Significant knowledge of treasury operations as well as understanding the different asset classes and financial instruments, including hedge products.
- Experience in opening letters of Credit and managing domestic and correspondent banking relationships.
- Ability to monitor trend and developments in the financial markets, including movements interest rates and exchange rates, with a view to making recommendations on sound investment decisions
- Experience in cash flow and liquidity management.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organise and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willingness to work extra hours where required in order to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Investing the organisation’s free funds to yield optimal returns.
- Coordinating the review, analysis and reporting of the organisation’s investment portfolio, yield and instruments.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with relevant financial institutions and government agencies to ensure long term financial viability.
- Providing advice to management team on all treasury related issues.
- Continually reviewing and assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Preparing the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Authorising expenditure/transactions in line with the approved financial authority limits.
- Communicating the goals of the department to subordinates and ensuring alignment of the department’s activities with divisional goals and objectives.
- Conducting performance appraisal and monitoring the performance of direct reports in line with agreed targets.
- Preparing and submitting monthly activity performance reports to the ED, Corporate Services.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online