Egbin Power Plc. is one of the major developments in Nigeria’s electrical sector, located in Lagos. It is frequently regarded as the largest single-generating power plant in Sub-Saharan Africa and was constructed to keep up with the region’s constantly expanding need for electricity in Lagos and the surrounding area.
After the country’s privatisation effort, Sahara, through its power subsidiary, Sahara Power Group, and several affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Station. For the next five years, our goal is to deploy at least 5,000 MW of electrical generating.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Talent Management
- The Head, Talent Management is responsible for developing and executing talent management strategies that support the organization’s goals, objectives, and values.
- The role involves developing and managing the talent acquisition and retention processes, and career development programs.
- Develop and implement talent management strategies that align with organizational goals, objectives, and values
- Develop and manage the talent acquisition and retention processes to ensure the organization has the right talent to meet its goals
- Implement career development programs that support employee retention and talent management
- Manage and develop a highly skilled talent management team to ensure the delivery of high- quality talent development and acquisition programs and services
- Develop a companywide talent strategy to improve recruitment and business performance
- Developing and implementing employee retention programmes or strategies
- Understanding workforce planning and resource forecasting.
- Developing effective strategies for identifying skills gaps within the workforce
- Monitoring and reporting on staff turnover rates
- Articulate the corporate culture and underlying values for the company and its businesses and drive the implementation across the company
- Developing and implementing progressive talent management policies and processes for all roles across the company
- Managing talent promotion and succession planning process
- Serve as an advisor regarding key talent strategies and issues, including succession planning, leadership development, employee retention, compensation, and benefits etc.
- Designing policies, processes and programs that support the overall talent strategy in relation to organizational architecture, planning, development, and management.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g., Senior Professional in HR (SPHRi), SHRM, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Possession of master’s degree will be added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant progressive experience with at least five (5) in a leadership role.
- Experience in developing and executing talent management strategies.
- Experience in developing and implementing career development programs and retention programs.
- Experience in developing and implementing competency framework.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various issues and solutions
- Very good knowledge and application of Microsoft office suites, especially power point
- Solid understanding of data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- Project management
- Working knowledge of any HR cloud-based software is required
- Strong understanding of leading HR practices and industry trends
- Strategy agility and capability to partner with business and HR Leadership.
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Talent acquisition
- Strong leadership, relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Very good communication, business writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.