MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Support Services
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
- The Head, Support Services will be responsible for organizing and managing MainOne’s administrative services across locations, to ensure seamless operations in our different offices.
- In addition, he/she shall be the custodian of MainOne’s administrative policies and will drive implementation and compliance, as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
General Office Administration:
- Establish policies, procedures to ensure the smooth running of office operations as well as the supply and effective distribution of office equipment and consumables across the Company
- Manage and oversee administrative, clerical and secretarial services to support operations across the Company
- Provide comprehensive office and facilities support to the Company, in line with business needs.
- Ensure the purchase and maintenance of office furniture, equipment, and supplies in line with the Company’s quality and cost objectives
- Oversee the care for the day-to-day appearance of offices, such that a high standard is maintained continuously
- Direct and plan essential central services, including fleet management, ensuring availability and effective service delivery
Travel, Events and Logistics Management:
- Oversee travel management activities including visa application and processing, hotel management, ticketing, travel insurance etc.
- Organise and facilitate internal meetings, conferences and events.
- Oversee logistics arrangements for asset relocation/material movement and transportation for the Company.
- Perform all tasks relating to the sourcing, management of the procurement process, including identification, evaluation and selection of vendors/suppliers of goods/consumables for the Group
- Oversee procurement activities for all non-technical products and services, as well as ensure compliance with the Company’s procurement process
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a vendor and supplier database for the various products and services procured by the company – Supplier analysis & negotiations, supplier performance management
- Ensure the development of an inventory management system for all products utilised by the company and the definition of reorder levels for all identified items
- Ensure proper analysis is done for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Manage vendor relationships ensuring that they are competitive and serve the needs of the company
- Oversee the strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to the Group’s office buildings and premises.
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Catering and vending
- Utilities infrastructure
- Space management
- Champion the implementation of a first-class maintenance, and management culture for the Company’s assets and facilities
- Ensure that the Group’s facility management practices conform to Health, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and standards
- Conduct periodic inspections to examine the conditions of the Group’s facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Coordinate and oversee contractors, suppliers and outsourced vendors
- Plan for future developments and office space needs in line with strategic business objectives
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to business activities
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- First Degree in any discipline or a related discipline
- 10 years of relevant experience with at least three years in supervisory role
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-management skills
- Organisational & Time Management skills – Highly organized and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize
- Customer Service focus
- Detail oriented
- Works effectively, independently and to deadlines
- Team player with a flexible, ‘can-do’ outlook
- Knowledge of best practices and evolving trends
- Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in function
- Good research skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online