The Imo State Government invites applications for the position below in one of its Schools of Nursing within the state:
Job Title: Head, School of Nursing
- The Head, School of Nursing will be primarily responsible for providing quality leadership, academic and administrative directives to the entire school of Nursing.
- Consequently, he/she will be entrusted with the responsibility of creating a safe learning environment and sets performance goals for both students and lecturers.
- He will responsible for the delivery of high-quality students by keeping abreast of changing standards in the industry.
- He/She will be accountable for the overall professional responsibility for the development and delivery of the vision, values, objectives and strategies of the institution.
- Compliance with ethical and regulatory principles of Nursing Practice
- Continuous maintenance of current knowledge and skills in theory and practice based on the best evidence available
- Continuous monitoring, evaluation and assessment of programmes and students and teachers
- Continuous improvement in course design, development, teaching and Nursing practice
- Ensure the accreditation of all courses offered by the institution
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in Nursing in the educational sector
- Experience in Nursing and training
- A good knowledge of the University system
- Knowledge of regulatory imperatives both in the educational system and the health sector
- Knowledge of how to transform strategies into concrete actions
- Knowledge of how to apply information and knowledge to support decisions
- Advanced knowledge of and understanding of contemporary practices in the higher institution and health sectors
- Knowledge of course design, development, teaching and Nursing principles and practice
This opportunity provides competitive compensation for interested candidates with the right skill set, experience and qualification.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents (Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Please ensure your CV has your skills, experience and qualification.