FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
Job type: Full time
- We are looking for Head of Internal Audit to join our team and take responsibility for monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of FairMoney‘s internal control systems and corporate governance systems with a view to safeguarding the assets of the Company.
- It will be your responsibility to conduct assigned control reviews, audits, and investigation with a view to providing assurance to the Board and Senior Management that controls are in place, adequate and operating effectively to support the Bank in achieving its goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct audits of departments/functional areas in accordance with timelines
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management
- Actively participates in the development of Internal Control/Audit policies
- Provide practical recommendations to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls
- Continuous review of policies, processes, and procedures to match up to best practices
- Provide assurance that processes and procedures are complied with to avoid operational losses
- Provide assurance that controls are in place and are effective and adequate and make recommendations where necessary
- Conduct monthly reviews of the management account.
- Track resolution of all audit / control recommendations and ensure compliance within agreed timeline.
- Assist in developing strong Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure Policy/Procedure/Regulatory Compliance on transactions or reports initiated by various process owners
- Create and improve homogenous Compliance Culture across all units of the Bank that aligns with the control and business objectives of the Bank
- Institute and enforce aggressive Revenue Assurance and Cost reduction Strategies/Tactics to ensure zero% income leakages
- Actively follow up on all open issues in the Internal Audit Report, Management letter, Regulatory Examiners report on FairMoney.
- Periodic review of system/product changes to ensure requisite approvals are in place.
- Log in all exceptions observed unto the Control Exception tracker
- Conduct spot checks, stock take and other functions as may be assigned from time to time
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Head, Internal Audit and Management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of banking experience in internal control or similar position
- Master’s degree in accounting, economics or finance preferred.
- Professional Accounting Certification (ICAN, ACCA) is preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of auditing processes/procedures
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
- Ability to evaluate business processes, identify risks and evaluate controls.
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Good project management skills.
- Paid Time Off
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Work From Home.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A screening interview with one of the members of the Talent Acquisition team for 30 minutes.
- Technical Interview with the Hiring Manager for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Business Interview with key stakeholders for 45 – 60 minutes.