The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Content
Click here for all Confederation of African Football CAF Recruitment 2020 / 2021 (11 Positions)
Head of Content who can contribute to CAF’s overall success by effectively handling the following duties:
- Development and optimization of the content department ensuring that CAF message are in support of the content strategies and editorial decisions formulated along with the Chief of Communications.
- Analyse the performance of the content against CAF objectives and strategies.
- Oversee all the content put out to the media through, CAF Media channel, interviews, collateral, speeches, recorded messages, newsletters, etc…
- Draft the speeches for CAF senior staff & members during CAF events and advise them on written responses to the media.
- Draft press releases and other media materials for use in announcements.
- Collaborate with Media department in order to fulfil the vision of the Communications division under the supervision of Chief of Communications.
- Oversee in cooperation with the Commercial Director CAF various social media platforms in regard to content, promotion, consumer engagement, performance management.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Director to support marketing activities such as product branding, content, and messages.
- Support CAF Competitions division when needed in reviewing CAF regulations and official documents under the supervision of Chief of Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree Journalism and Communications Studies.
- Master is preferred.
- Knowledge on the dynamics of African sporting media
- Passion for African football
- Excellent writing skills of CAF official languages (French, English & Arabic)
- Familiar with the website, applications and recent technologies.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in similar position
- Tenet of Online Journalism
- Expert in running digital media platforms (Facebook, twitter, Instagram…)
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation Skills
- Public speaking
- Team-player who can work also independently
- Time Management
- Flexibility in working on missions and traveling overseas
- Problem Solving Skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of management and communications competencies.
- Demonstrates an ability to drive the content department towards a unified vision.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only applications matching the requirements listed above will be considered