9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Network NQoS & Support
Location: Abuja, NG
- Coordinate and manage the tracking of key network performance indicators, information and statistics to ensure network quality at all times.
- Facilitate the implementation of a total quality assurance tool/methodology to ensure adherence to international standards and guiding policies and procedures.
- Represents 9mobile technical team during NCC meetings & projects in addition to review 9mobile submissions to NCC.
- Detect and report any bottlenecks in the network due to capacity shortages or other reasons.
- Assist in the definition of the division’s plans, policies, projects, and service levels.
- Plan and ensure implementation of established internal processes using best practice standards to ensure a stable and highly available systems platform for an optimal operating environment.
- Coordinate the proactive tracking, collation and review of network traffic and other network performance data to identify potential trouble spots and initiate necessary steps to mitigate possible/ identified risks.
- Analyse, Detect & Report any problem due to capacity shortages.
- Coordinate the preparation of technical reports on network quality/ performance.
- Design and implement tools, activities and processes to measure and interpret network performance data towards ensuring a standardised and quality network.
- Ensure the continuous availability of up-to-date and standard tools, guidelines and quality management policies and procedures for all Network QoS & Support activities.
- Enforce standardised change control methods to guarantee that Network systems run only authorised and tested configurations.
- Develop and implement relevant diagnostics tools (e.g. test drives) to monitor and track network quality.
- Plan and ensure proper implementation of quality of service systems and procedures to monitor compliance with approved Network QoS & Support governance framework.
- Review and ensure that all processes and procedures within Technical department are executed in line with best practices/standards.
- Manage vendor performance evaluation and ensure agreed SLAs are achieved.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to Network QoS & Support policies, standards, guidelines, and operations and act as required.
- Implement the function’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Conducts needs analysis studies to design and implement quality of service training programs for key personnel in Network QoS & Support division and ensure compliance with international standards
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of Twelve (12) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in a managerial position
- Network Operations
- Network Performance
- Network Security and Assurance
- Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Leadership and People Management
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online