United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Market Risk
- Oversight and management of the Market Risk Management Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Group runs in line with worldwide best practices and responds to administrative issues.
- Develop, Review and Implement Policies and Procedures and review Market Risk policies of subsidiaries.
- Attend and run the ALCO/GALCO Market Risk process, and guide the committee to review the most critical Market Risks.
- Attend and Run other Market Risk processes in Group Management meetings such as GRMC, BRMC and guide the committee to review the most critical Market Risks.
- Develop the staff especially the number 2 position to ensure seamless continuity of the job function.
- Other projects and committee membership as required by management.
- Ensure that Executive Management is advised of Group Risk positions daily.
- Support for Subsidiaries in Africa and the Rest of the World.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- First Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics and other related disciplines.
- Professional qualifications or MBA is also required.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience required
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Advanced accounting skills
- Thorough knowledge of banking and Treasury Operations
- Understanding of accounting policies and accepted principles
- Ability to motivate and manage talent for maximum performance and delivery of targets.
- Highly numerate
- Good interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online