Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Internal Control is responsible for the development and implementation of the Internal Control framework of the Bank.
- The job holder will develop policies and procedures and monitor compliance in line with external regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures
- Using problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Developing and executing internal audit activities, consult with management on strategic plans and other business matters, and anticipate emerging risks
- Participating in decision making with senior engagement management, provide meaningful insights, and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Documenting and testing business process and IT controls that support key financial operations
- Evaluating control deficiencies, and monitoring remediation actions, timelines, and progress
- Maintaining current knowledge of laws, regulations, procedures, and policies governing the Bank
- Lead the setup of the enterprise risk assessment for the bank and developing a risk log
- Take responsibility for the Bank’s annual control work program using the internal control framework within the Bank
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Develop adequate training material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Prepares monthly exception reports and presents to the Managing Director
- Ensures capital & revenue expenditure complies with policies and approval limits
- Ensure compliance of loans disbursement to credit policies
- Implements the anti-fraud campaign and assess compliance
- Prepares monthly regulatory renditions and returns
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND / BSc/ in Accounting
- ICAN Certified
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Internal Control/Audit in a microfinance bank or financial institution.
- Prior managerial experience in similar role or capacity
- In-depth knowledge of Internal control framework for the Microfinance Industry.
- Strategy planning and implementation
- Organization and time management abilities
- Leadership, team management and mentoring
- Metrics-driven mindset
- Problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Extensive knowledge of all regulatory policies and procedure
- Risk Management techniques
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suit
- Ability to interact with senior management and multiple stakeholders, including regulators.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proficient writing and delivery of presentations and documentation.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from people.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Head, Internal Control” as the subject of the mail.
Note: You will be contacted if your application is successful.