PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – In the biggest economy in Africa, our client, a leading commodity exchange, excels at facilitating trade and supporting economic diversification. Through its trading platform, it creates a singular relationship between participants in the commodities market, bringing together farmers, commodity brokers, and buyers.
In keeping with its goals for transformative growth, the company is looking for capable and motivated people to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Head, Information Technology
Reference Number: 130-PEO01238
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop the IT strategy, plans, policies and procedures in line with the Corporate strategy
- Ensure availability of robust IT platforms and infrastructure to support the business operations
- Manage the delivery of seamless IT services to users across the organisation and in line with business requirements and agreed service level standards
- Direct the development and execution of company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Develop and implement company-wide information security procedures and evaluate business risks associated with critical IT operations
- Plan, implement and control projects related to the selection, acquisition, development, installation and maintenance of major information systems for the Exchange
- Manage IT vendors relationships
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support
- Develop a comprehensive long-term technology plan for the company, including any required training for employees
- Manage the company’s technology staff, and participate in the hiring of new employees as needed
- Provide leadership in the development of new technology applications or processes
- Create detailed project plans for technology projects, including both capital expenditures and operating expenses
- Monitor industry trends to identify new opportunities for the company’s products or services
- Develop new ideas based on emerging technology trends in order to stay ahead of competitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or related discipline,
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an advantage.
- Relevant and recognised professional certifications
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in a similar one, with at least five (5) years in a middle management role.
- Extensive experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online