PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – In the biggest economy in Africa, our client, a leading commodity exchange, excels at facilitating trade and supporting economic diversification. Through its trading platform, it creates a singular relationship between participants in the commodities market, bringing together farmers, commodity brokers, and buyers.
In keeping with its goals for transformative growth, the company is looking for capable and motivated people to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Reference Number: 130-PEO01237
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- Articulate and drive execution of the HR strategies, policies, and processes in line with the organisation’s business strategy, key business objectives and relevant employment laws
- Develop and implement programmes and change interventions to enable the implementation of defined corporate values and organisational culture
- Evaluate, present the case for change, and drive the implementation of the appropriate resourcing and talent management initiatives to ensure that the organisation has the talent required to deliver its strategy
- Advise and coach Heads of Business Divisions and Units on staffing and development to ensure optimal returns on investments in people
- Work with the Heads of Department and Line managers, to design and implement staff training & development strategies and plans to ensure identified needs are addressed with appropriate training interventions
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on the development and implementation of effective HR procedures and policies in all areas to reflect organisational objectives. This includes policies relating to Recruitment and Selection, Compensation, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Employee Welfare, Succession Planning, Retention, etc.
- Support the corporate decision-making process by working closely with business leaders to provide relevant information, counsel and advise.
- Develop an effective manpower planning in alignment with organisational strategy
- Develop a strategic recruitment practice/procedure to ensure the talent needs of the organisation are met in the short and long run.
- Plan and coordinate the organisation’s workforce to best use employees’ talents.
- Design and oversee the implementation of the organisation’s employee retention programmes in order to minimise employee turnover rate and maintain optimal headcount in alignment with defined manpower plans.
- Oversee effective performance assessment and enhancement systems required to support and sustain a high-performance culture within the Exchange.
- Assess worker productivity and recommend changes to the organisation’s structure to help the organisation meet budgetary goals.
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication channels to keep all employees informed of key organisation issues, HR policies and procedures.
- Manage all employee and employer related issues and ensure minimal exposure of the Exchange to litigation or related employee risks.
- Develop and implement the Learning and Development Strategy of the organisations in line with business objectives.
- Maintain a robust Human Resource Information System (HRIS) to ensure optimal HR service delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or related discipline
- MBA or Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- Professional certification in Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in a similar role, with at least five (5) years in a middle management position.
- Strong track-record in HR strategy development and implementation
- Proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships across all organisational levels and manage change initiatives.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online