United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial Control
Reporting Line: Group Chief Finance Officer
- Produce accurate and timely monthly, interim and annual Group and Bank Financial Statements (with adequate notes / disclosures) which are in line with IFRS Groupwide
- Ensure awareness and adherence to set accounting and reporting standards / policies and deadlines Groupwide
- Drive periodical revisions to UBA Group Accounting Policies and Operational Manual in line with revisions of existing IFRSs or issuance of new IFRSs
- Drive the external audit process of the Group; including all admin-related issues on the Bank’s external audit exercise
Finance and Accounting Operations:
- Apply and demonstrate adequate financial and other related management controls Groupwide
- Drive all GL maintenance activities including regular GL and account proofs reviews Groupwide
- Conduct periodic review of Group finance systems and processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Elimination of income leakages Groupwide.
- Elimination of accounting errors Groupwide.
- Closure of financial accounts at defined periodic timelines Groupwide.
- Zero tolerance on regulatory infractions.
- BSc / MBA / MSc
- Professional Qualification – ACCA / ACA / CFA
- Experience as a Financial Controller or CFO of a bank
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Sound presentation and communication skills
- Banking industry knowledge
- Minimum 5-8 years FINCON experience
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online