PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a foremost commodity exchange in Africa’s largest economy providing excellent trade facilitation for economic diversification. It is a unique partnership of commodity market actors bringing together farmers, commodity brokers and buyers through its trading platform.
In line with its transformative growth aspirations, the organization is recruiting competent and self-driven individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Commercial Operations
Reference Number: 130-PEO01240
Job type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the operations of the commodities trading platform and ensure full compliance with self-regulating guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
- Promote the trading of spot and derivatives transactions by attracting farmers, farmers cooperatives, broker-dealers and buyers to consummate trades and futures contracts on the exchange.
- Coordinate trade operations of the exchange to secure new trade partners and expand its trade portfolio.
- Drive collaboration with the warehousing and trade execution team to manage physical settlement of traded commodities.
- Develop business plans for new commodities and drive the introduction of new products.
- Plan and implement the development of new standards and contract specifications as required by the Exchange
- Implement process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end trading activities on the Exchange
- Increase the liquidity of products traded on the exchange by continuously attracting and maintaining existing and new members.
- Use feedback from market trends and changes in regulations to improve commodities trading operations.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to industry associations on commodities markets and listing related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Agricultural science or related field.
- Relevant and recognised professional certifications
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in a similar role, five (5) of which must have been in a management role.
- Proven experience managing trading operations within a stock/ commodities exchange or financial services environment.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online