West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminals to be built in Nigeria under public private partnershipWACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers StateWe have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the worldThis has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Vessel Clerk
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Control flow of loaded and/or empty vehicles under Quay Crane to crane “order of work” schedule and container sequence sheets during loading and/or discharging to maintain continuous operations.
- Monitor the loading and discharge of containers on and off the vessel, update on the HHT
- Advises Supervisor of any discrepancies or any shortage of vehicles or delays to container arriving under Quay Crane.
- Confirm load and/or discharge position by updating bay plan.
- Note any apparent damage or missing seals on import containers.
- Maintain fault and delay sheet for start/finish times, vessel delays, yard delays, Crane breakdowns etc
- Assist on the quayside when Out of Gauge containers, break-bulk cargo are handled.
- Liaise with ships duty officer/vessel agent and updates the registration numbers of the loaded and discharged containers.
- Advise yard of any changes to planned container locations during loading and report any container damage not previously noted during operations.
- Monitor all reefer containers are disconnected prior to discharging.
- Advise Crane Operators and Labour Supervisor of sequence of container bays to be worked.
- Ensure all hatch cover locking pins and lashing materials are removed prior to discharging hatch covers.
- Processes and monitors the inbound and outbound containers and cargo traffic for the Container Terminal, in accordance with the rules, regulations and procedures.
- Processes and checks container/cargo related documentation, such as acceptance letter from the shipping line, custom declaration, delivery order and all information about the container.
We are looking for:
- B.Sc or its equivalent with good grades
- At least two or more years’ experience in container terminal operations environment.
- Must be able to generate high volumes of relevant work; able to sustain important levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary.
- Understands safety regulations, safe working procedures and safe materials handling procedures and follows safety and work instructions.
- We offer a robust career framework with potential opportunities to fulfill individual career aspirations for both individual and team development and growth.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment acquiring skills, knowledge and exposure to a service provider set up and general exposure to terminal operations.
How to apply
To Apply, Click Here
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.