Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, as leading international player in marine services, offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee Junior Buyer
Location: Amadi Base, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type (Offshore / Onshore): Onshore
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
- To support and assist with Foreign PO’s / Purchasing daily activities and objectives as instructed or required.
Description and Expected Outcome / Performance Indicators
The Graduate Trainee’s responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Foreign PO creation/tracking, RFQ management
- Assists and provides support to Purchasing department
- Assist in inventory management, supplier Database and tender process
- Assist in material requisition
- Assist in PO creation/tracking, RFQ management
- Assist in researching prices on different materials
- Assist in general duties as assigned, scanning, mailing, filing and other routine duties
- Reviewing bids received from suppliers to ensure they meet the company’s standards for quality and price
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure that orders are delivered on time and within budget
- Researching new suppliers to find competitive rates for new products or services
- Following protocol for processing orders and invoices
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor or Graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management or a related discipline.
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills.
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems, managing files and records, and other office procedures
- Detail oriented and ability to work under minimal supervision and to show initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to work well and cooperatively within a diverse (culturally, ethnically) work community.
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Preference will be given to those resident in Port Harcourt.