Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee HSE / IT Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Promotes safety and awareness among OEMs and Contractors aimed at zero accident / incident rate.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to top management.
- Develop and oversee all safety programs and trainings in the company.
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety standards.
- Identify hazardous wastes and oversee to the disposal of it.
- Practice safe working techniques.
- Promote Safety initiatives.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Take staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning, with an emphasis on advocating for the needs of the area(s) supported; implements tracking and evaluation programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety Management is required.
- A keen eye on all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
- Interpret clients’ requirements
- Identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented
- Evaluate, organize and prioritize workload within a schedule
- Liaise with third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose
- Optional Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) trainer certification is desirable.
- Advanced MS Office skills and Time Management skills is required.
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.