Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant- Procurement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Maintain standard DRC procurement policies and procedures and ensure that procurement is conducted in a fair and transparent manner, is fully documentedand is in full compliance with DRC policies and any relevant donor policies.
- Support the procurement team leader on RFQ process.
- Do the local procurement and ensure accountable and efficient procurement service provision to program and support departments.
- Ensure that the lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods is followed up and achieved.
- Respect and maintain the filing system from the receiving of the purchase request to the payment.
- Follow up with logistics to ensure that Clearance is done for field supply.
- Follow up with fleet department to ensure additional request for vehicle is communicated.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be honest, strongly motivated by humanitarian work, disciplined and team oriented.
- Any other task assigned by the AM, Procurement Team Leader, Procurement Coordinator.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjustedaccording to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- University degree in Supply Chain Management/ Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- At least 1-year work experience in Supply Chain
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- ERP working experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and respond when emergency supply is requested in the field offices
- Autonomous and ready to take initiative to improve within her/his area of responsibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English and any local language.
- Good communication and teamwork spirit.
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance withDanish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
25th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager” only.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invitedfor written test and oral interview.