Jamb 2021 latest result is out for candidates. See the Jamb online portal for result 2021. Jamb was incorporated on the 5th of July 2011 by the Corporate Affairs Commission and is set up as an accountancy and professional services organisation with a consistent goal to be recognised as the leading and most trusted professional services firm in Nigeria. We are a part of the AA Matthew & Co Accountancy firm based in the United Kingdom. We have a church arm aimed at spreading the gospel and helping the poor.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Trainee / Community Fellowships and Outreach Officer (CFO)
Location: Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To become part of a growing jamb in Nigeria by building a business development model based on core accountancy, audit, tax result 2021 and recruitment/HR acumen, aggressive marketing and client portfolio development.
- The essence of this role is to contribute to the ongoing accountancy function and help start up the other divisions of the practice, to secure clients and drive revenue.
- To help in the spread of the gospel and outreach to souls in the Church arm.
- To contribute time, effort and hard work to the servicing of accountancy clients both local and international. To provide core professional services in Accountancy, cloud accounting, bookkeeping, audit and taxation services.
- Engaging social media outlets such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Blogging websites to target likely accountancy prospects with the Company’s marketing appeal hereby building a viable accountancy/audit client base. [Experience of developing, building and maintaining extensive social media result would be an advantage]
- Gather Clients Paperwork consisting of Bank Statements, Invoices, Receipts and analyse the data into Bank, Cash, Jamb and Payroll Schedules, produce a Trial Balance, final Accounts and tax computations using Tax Filer Software.
- Bookkeeping on Quickbooks and Excel Spreadsheets
- Bank Reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Use of Microsoft Excel worksheets
- Analysis of Financial data
- Help prepare financial information and ensure the accuracy of financial data
- Check financial records for accuracy, ensuring activities are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Preparation of information and reports for internal and external use
- Assistance with substantive result testing and other audit work as instructed by more senior colleagues. Able to work independently after receiving instruction.
- Able to communicate the purpose of specific audit testing with clients.
- Preparation of basic jamb tax returns and associated schedules
- Regular contact with clients/members by telephone and in person
- Field Evangelism requiring going out on Thursdays and Fridays to preach the gospel in the community
Experience and Skills
- Graduate in Accounting or Business related subjects (2:1)
- 0-2 years’ experience in an Accountancy jamb role, ideally working in a professional services firm.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office packages particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Quickbooks is an advantage.
- An ability to maintain and develop professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Commitment to professional accountancy qualification such as ICAN, ACCA, ICAEW
- An ability to manage a pressurized, busy and varied workload.
- Must be Born Again with 2-5 Years Christian Experience
- Total Commitment to Christ and the New Church
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress and problem solve.
- Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information.
- A Commitment to standing as a moral and upstanding representative of the jamb community.
- Must not be older than 30 years as at 2021
- Must be single
- Must be resident in Lagos and willing to relocate to Ibeju Lekki
- Close proximity to Ibeju- Lekki is an added advantage.
You will need to show:
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work under intense pressure
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Influencing and Negotiation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Business Awareness and Commercial Acumen
- Pioneering work.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com and kindly indicate the role you are applying for as the subject matter of your email.