ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grant Management Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Project Development Manager (PDM), the Grant Management Intern supports the Project Development Units functioning, in liaison with project development field teams as/when relevant, on:
- Monitoring fundraising opportunities for ACTED, Nigeria
- Supporting project development efforts and ensuring proper grant management in compliance with donors’ and ACTED procedures,
- Supporting internal coordination and reporting to headquarters and grant management related aspects.
- Support ACTED missions’ project development efforts through close monitoring of fundraising opportunities and support to the review of specific fundraising documents, in liaison with the GMU team
- Ensure proper, qualitative and timely grant management for the Nigeria mission in compliance with donors’ and ACTED procedures, in liaison with HQ FLATS’ departments and field teams
- Supporting internal coordination and internal reporting on project development and grant management related issues, from a Nigerian Perspective
Duties and Responsibilities
Support to project development/fundraising:
- Contribute to the identification, review, and dissemination of donors’ calls for proposals, in liaison with the Project Development Manager;
- Conduct a detailed mapping of donor countries and their priorities in Nigeria;
- Conduct a mapping of partner organisations in Nigeria, both local and international; and
- Provide support to the Project Development Manager in the project development process.
- Research the context in Nigeria, focusing on areas of possible project development and synergies with existing programming.
Contract follow up:
- Support administrative processes linked to contracting, project launch and implementation (contract reviews, project code emails, review of PMFs, review of grant agreements with partners, review of amendments), in liaison with the PDM
- Maintain complete and updated project files in both digital and hard copy format as required
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by the PDM
- B.Sc / B.A or HND in Social sciences
- Graduate who has completed an NYSC.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Language Skills: Fluent written and spoken English.
- Contract length: 12 Months.
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interviews.