FAMAKS British Schools is one of the best schools in Nigeria. We provide excellent, well balanced education in a secure, stimulating, and caring environment. Operating an adapated British and Nigerian curriculum, FAMAKS British Schools encourages every child to reach their best and to develop into independent individuals with deep respect for others. The First FAMAKS British School opened in 2009 in Abuja. The second school in Kaduna opened a year later. Ten years later, FAMAKS British Schools have grown to monumental heights and have since started Junior and Senior Secondary Sections with Day and Boarding options.
We are recruitment to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Geography Teacher
see latest FAMAKS British Schools Recruitment 2021 / 2022 & Job Vacancies
- Interested applicants are expected to possess a minimum of the following:
- 2-3 years of active post-NYSC teaching in the secondary education.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably B.Ed) or PGDE in required subject areas is preferred.
- TRCN certificate
- Proficiency in the use of Information Technology(IT) in teaching-learning.
- Pride in being a teacher.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Evidence of professional and personal development training.
- Passionate about students’ attainment.
- Must live in Abuja or be willing to move to Abuja at their expense.
- Have a mastery of working with young adults.
- Strong speaking and listening skills.
- Successful applicants would be expected to perform the following (but not limited to) duties:
- Plan, prepare and present educational contents in line with refined British/Nigerian curricula.
- Deliver lessons using educational gadgets
- Give detailed report on the progress of each student
- Conduct assessment for learning (rather than assessment of learning) and report to sectional heads
- Uphold child protection policy of international schools
- Apply various instructional tools in each lesson (bringing lessons alive and relevant to life)
- Attend all school programmes without religious or sexist bias
- Assist with extracurricular activity and school events where necessary.
- Uphold discipline by example
- Uphold self in a manner that inspires excellence within and outside the school.
- And as time and chance would require.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their application, detailed CV with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, use the subject area you’re applying for as the title of the mail.