Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Surgeon
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Purpose of the Role
- The General surgeon is responsible for examining patients, diagnosing, and recommending the best course of action. Supervise other medical professionals to ensure everything is carried out effectively.
Key Performance Areas
- Examine patients and make diagnoses to determine the need for surgery.
- Review patient medical history and plan the best procedure for treatment.
- Evaluate and advise patients on the risk involved with having surgery.
- Perform surgical procedures to prevent or correct injury, disease, deformities, and patient function while adhering to regulatory and ethical protocols.
- Follow established surgical techniques during surgery.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatment and procedures.
- Ensure sterility in the operating room, and all equipment and instruments.
- Direct and coordinate activities of hospital staff for proper patient care.
- Oversee all treatment prior to and post-surgery, and identify associated risks.
- Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Plan and execute disease/illness prevention and health promotion programs.
- Coordinate follow-up meetings with patients and monitor health conditions after surgery or treatment.
- Conduct research to develop and test surgical techniques in order to improve procedures and surgery.
- Ensure adequate departmental resource planning including manpower, assets and inventory.
- Ensure adequate utilization of departmental resources including manpower, assets and inventory.
- Ensure adequate clinical and administrative record keeping
- Develop and implement policies, protocols and procedures for the efficient running of the department.
- Ensure strict adherence to departmental policies, protocols and procedures. It will also be expected that these will be audited periodically with timely reports forwarded to the MD.
- Provide professional / clinical leadership for all staff within the department with support from the relevant extra departmental support units.
- Provide administrative leadership for all staff within the department with support from the relevant extra departmental support units.
- Establish, monitor and improve the standards of care by identifying performance benchmarks and presenting the results to the Head of Surgery (HOS) for consideration and approval
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures pertaining to services rendered.
- Support the utilization review and quality assurance programs. Work to streamline the departmental activities with the clinical governance guidelines of the hospital to ensure quality assurance.
- Implement and comply with all extant professional and governmental regulations affecting the work in the department to maintain all licensure.
- Assist each consultant staff to develop a roadmap for the enhancement of their clinical services and in overall professional development.
- Take responsibility for all adverse clinical incidents related to the services within the department and provide a template for audit, mitigation and prevention.
- Actively lead research and professional development and involve all staff members and be able to deliver the results of research periodically.
- Will work with other departmental heads to work out multi departmental processes and relationship matrices.
- Perform any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Chief Executive Officer
- This role reports to the Head of Surgery.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- MBBS or equivalent
- Fellowship of West African College of Surgeons or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, General Surgery
- Certification – Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and current annual Practicing License.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter for all Nigerian nationals.
- One to five years of experience in general surgery
- Administrative training will be an advantage.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be action oriented
- Discretion and confidentiality.
This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.