The University of Abuja is a tertiary institution in the Nigerian capital Abuja. It was established on January 1, 1988 as a dual-mode university with the mandate to run conventional and distance learning programmes. Academic work began in the University in 1990 with the matriculation of its pioneer students.
Uniabuja Press Limited, our commercial and self sustaining outfit, with the University as Principal Shareholder, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- The University of Abuja intends to develop Uniabuja Printing Press into a world class Academic Press, and requires a General Manager with experience, training, passion and expertise to head a first-rate University Press that will be hallmarks of a leading University.
- The General Manager, Uniabuja Press Limited shall be responsible to the Board of Directors of the Uniabuja Press Limited for the day-to-day operation, including policies and programs relating to printing, products, marketing, and any other transactions related to the Uniabuja Press Ltd;
- Advises the Board on necessary measures to ensure periodic checks and correcting defects on all transactions to make the Uniabuja Press Ltd constantly functional
- The General Manager is also responsible for advising the Board on material requirements, relevant number of qualified and experienced personnel and labour force necessary for an effective and sustainable operation and maintenance of the Uniabuja Press Ltd.
The General Manager must be:
- A person of high integrity and capable of providing effective leadership;
- Pro-active and receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into reality; and,
- Demonstrate ability to supervise and monitor a team of experienced and competent technical, commercial and marketing staff.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Printing from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution with not less than ten (10) years of cognate experience; eight (8) of which must be unbroken service in a University Printing Press or similar outfit from the Private sector.
- The candidate must have attained the rank of Assistant General Manager or its equivalent in the Printing Press Industry, and be registered with the relevant professional body.
- The candidate must not be less than thirty-five (35) years and not more than fifty-five (55) years of age at the point of assumption of duty.
- The Press is to be run as a commercial venture and as self-sustaining. The General Manager shall be paid by the Uniabuja Press Ltd.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of their credentials. The CV should highlight the following:
- Full Name (surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- School(s) Attended with Date(s)
- Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Work Experience (stating clearly the Organization served, Positions held with Dates)
- Membership of Professional Body(ies)
- Phone Number
- E-mail address
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees. Applicants should request each of their Referees to forward a confidential report on them in sealed envelopes to the address below.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked “Post of General Manager, Uniabuja Press Limited” and addressed to:
The Company Secretary,
Uniabuja Press United,
C/O University of Abuja,
P.M.B 117, Airport Road,