The University of Abuja is a tertiary institution in the Nigerian capital Abuja. It was established on January 1, 1988 as a dual-mode university with the mandate to run conventional and distance learning programmes. Academic work began in the University in 1990 with the matriculation of its pioneer students.
Uniabuja Bookshop Limited hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- The General Manager, Uniabuja Bookshop Limited is responsible to the Board of Directors of the Uniabuja Bookshop Limited for the policies and programs relating to Purchasing, Marketing, Pricing, Book Fair and any other transactions related to the Bookshop
- The General Manager shall also be in-charge of the supervision of the marketing, replacement and maintenance of the movable and immovable assets of the Bookshop; advice on necessary measures to ensure periodic checks on all transactions to make the Bookshop constantly functional
- The General Manager is also responsible for advising the Board on material requirements, relevant number of qualified and experienced personnel and labour force necessary for an effective and sustainable operation and maintenance of the Bookshop.
The General Manager must be:
- A person of high integrity and capable of providing effective leadership;
- Pro-active and receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into reality; and,
- Demonstrate ability to supervise and monitor a team of experienced and competent technical, commercial and marketing staff.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Degree in Accounting, Business Management or Administration, Marketing, and / or HND in Marketing from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution with not less than ten (10) years of cognate experience; eight (8) of which must be unbroken service in a University Bookshop or similar outfit from the Private Sector.
- The candidate must have attained the rank of Assistant General Manager or its equivalent in the Printing Press Industry, and be registered with the relevant professional body.
- The candidate must not be less than thirty-five (35) years and not more than fifty-five (55) years of age at the point of assumption of duty.
- The Bookshop is to be run as a commercial venture and as self-sustaining. The General Manager shall earn his salary through the University Bookshop Limited.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of their credentials. The CV should highlight the following:
- Full Name (surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- School(s) Attended with Date(s)
- Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Work Experience (stating clearly the Organization served, Positions held with Dates)
- Membership of Professional Body(ies)
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees. Applicants should request each of their Referees to forward a confidential report on them in sealed envelopes to the address below.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked “Post of General Manager, Uniabuja Bookshop Limited” and addressed to:
The Company Secretary,
Uniabuja Bookshop Limited,
C/O University of Abuja,
P.M.B 117, Airport Road,