Owens and Xley Consults – Our client, a Luxury Fashion Store in Ikoyi, Lagos, is currently recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Garment Pattern Maker
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
>> Click here for Latest Owens and Xley Recruitment 2020 / 2021 | Owens and Xley Consults Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria & Careers | Owens and Xley Consults Job Recruitment 2020 / 2021
- The Garment Pattern Maker is responsible for creating templates / patterns that will be used for production. Also, you will translate blueprints into factory patterns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering the stretchiness of the fabric.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Cut patterns out of images or illustrations
- Grade patterns into sizes
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features for tailors.
- Store all patterns properly to avoid damage
- Purchase supplies for pattern making
- Examine designs to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product.
- Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
- Trace and cut patterns into cardboard templates
- B.Sc. or HND in a related field
- 1-year working experience in a similar role
N60,000 – N80,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job role” as subject of the email.