Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fund Manager, Alternative Investments
Job ID: 56338
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Financial Services
- The Fund Manager, Alternative Investments would be responsible for the development of SIPML’s alternative investment portfolio working with the relevant business teams , ensure professional management of alternative investment portfolios towards achieving the Company’s business objectives
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Technical & Portfolio Management:
- Research & Data analysis capabilities
- Analytical and quantitative background
- Understanding of capital markets concepts and structured products
- Understanding of Alternative Investment (E.g Power, Energy, Infrastructure) documentation and execution processes
- Understanding of ratings process
- Accurately interpret and apply regulatory and complex legal concepts
- Responsible for spotting investment opportunities within the regulatory framework
- Responsible for transaction structuring
Manage Investment opportunities with key industry clients:
- Manage clients expectation with regards to portfolio performance
- Maintain key relationship with clients
- Attend periodic Investment Committee and Advisory Committee meetings to communicate fund performance, economic and financial market outlook that might impact performance of assets under management on request
- Ensure the Alternative Investment portfolio is within the top 20 percentile on a risk-adjusted basis
- Monitor Alternative investments, economic conditions, markets and portfolio performance with respect to stated investment objectives/goals and make appropriate recommendations to the Head of Department
- Responsible for identifying and sourcing alternative investment opportunities.
- Maintain competitive watch and market intelligence on the performance of competitors in the industry.
- Ensure strict adherence to the guidelines, risk management and investment policies set by the Fund’s Investment Committee.
- Maintain important relationship with clients and counterparties
- Ensure the timely rendition of returns to clients and regulatory authority
- Periodic (monthly, quarterly, yearly) comparative analysis of fund performance
Fund Performance and AUM Growth:
- Alternative Investment Mandates
- Responsible for the growth of portfolios under management
- Accountable for investment returns for alternative asset portfolios
- Continuously evaluate the external environment and assess the impact on the Fund’s activities. Where required, recommend necessary changes to plans.
- Preparation of periodic Fund performance reports vs benchmarks and targets
- Preparation of periodic reports on growth in assets under management for SIPML and the industry including market share analysis.
- Monitoring the performance and growth in assets under management of competitors.
- Proactively develop relationships with key external stakeholders including relevant to the alternative asset portfolios to ensure Stanbic IBTC gets appropriate co-operation when required
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Hold primary relationship with clients and handle all aspects of client interaction including coordinating and execution of transactions.
- Monitor client account performance and service client needs to retain existing clients.
Manage the Fund Risk:
- Adherence to the guidelines set by the Investment Committee and terms of the Fund with respect to Investment Processes
- Ensure adherence to all Company’s standards/policies.
- Ensure regulatory & legal compliance.
- Ensure adherence to all ESG policies and Stanbic IBTC SEE framework
- Assist in monitoring markets and pre-empting risk for both clients and Stanbic IBTC
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other relevant Degree. Other relevant qualifications including qualifications such as a Masters, and MBA is required
- Master’s in Business Administration; Strong Analytical/Numeracy Skills; Insight and knowledge of local and international practices in pensions and retirement benefit industry; In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of Asset/Fund Management industry.
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience with at least 4 years spent in the Financial Sector and 4 years in top management position Experience in Investment Banking, Project Finance, Infrastructure Finance and Advisory, Credit, Asset management/pension fund investment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online