Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are currently operational in 9 Local Government Areas of Borno, 11 in Yobe and 6 in Jigawa, 3 in Sokoto.
The mission has over 370 staff which includes both national and international employees. The coordination office is based in Abuja. There are three main field offices: Maiduguri, Potiskum and Dutse as well as five sub bases which includes Monguno, Damaturu, Bade, Sokoto, Kano and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Programme Manager
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – FSL
Level: Mid Level
Line Manager: Field Coordinator-Yobe
Proposed Start Date: subject to funding approval
- We are looking to fill the role of FSL Programme Manager for effective management of the overall implementation of FSL activities under the SDC funded project.
- Under the technical guidance of the FSL HoD, the post holder will also ensure food security and livelihoods interventions are fully integrated with nutrition and WASH intervention including representing the organization in all FSL related cluster coordination forum in Yobe state.
Roles and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Provide programmatic and technical lead in the implementation of the FSL component of the SDC project:
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies for cash & voucher assistance (CVA), income generation activities and agro-forestry interventions in collaboration with the Cash & livelihoods Officers & Agroforestry officer and the assistance of the FSL technical team
- In close coordination with the field team, coordinate mapping of most vulnerable groups and coordinate beneficiary selection, cash disbursements, beneficiary trainings and regular monitoring of project activities.
- Identify program implementation modalities that enhance partnership & coordination with government official, local leaders and local communities, internal integration within sectors and other programs (Nutrition and Health, WASH)
- Identify areas of cross-program linkages with other Action Against Hunger programs in Yobe State.
- Ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of Action Against Hunger technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines
- Support program budget design and updates, budget monitoring through monthly BFU reviews and cash projections
- Contribute to organizational and sector-wide learning through documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and evaluations from the CVA, IGAs and Agroforestry components of the SCD FSL Project.
- Contribute to preparing FSL internal and external reports including case studies and success stories as relates to cash transfers, IGAs and Agro-forestry .
Objective 2 : Management and Implementation of FSL Project Activities:
- FSL PM will ensure proper and timely budget planning and expenditure tracking related to FSL activities in the project.
- Ensure to develop financial forecast in line with the FSL timelines and planning at different levels
- Ensure close collaboration with HR and Finance during recruitment planning, screening, finalization and managing process for FSL related positions
- Ensure close collaboration with logistic and finance during planning of workshops, trainings and/or meeting that requires financial advances and/or logistical procurement etc.
- Ensure close collaboration with logistic during any assessment planning, data collection for arranging transportation and other logistical aspects
- Plan, Review, update and manage budget including FSL related follow up on activities on a regular basis and share with relevant team AAH staff members.
- Work the FSL team to mitigate fraud and protection related issues in the project.
- Ensure timely top-up and crediting of beneficiaries cards.
- Ensure to coordinate timely resolution of issues related to beneficiary cards.
Objective 3 – Team Supervision and Performance Management:
- Communicate Action Against Hunger performance standards and expectations to team members;
- Establish performance objectives, provide feedback, and identify strengths and areas for professional improvement;
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members by providing support;
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports as requested;
- Track the progress of activities and outcomes as well as ensuring the tracking of relevant indicators;
- Participate in the weekly coordination meetings, or other ad hoc internal meetings as requested; Prepare handover/end of mission reports to cover periods of leave and/or upon exit from the project (s);
- Provide overall leadership and support to team members for the well-being of the project.
Objective 4 – Represent AAH and its positioning in external coordination, donor, and technical meetings/visits on technical and operational matters at Yobe state level:
- Represent AAH in FSL related cluster/task force meetings at Yobe state level;
- Supports in developing relationships and partnerships with donors and stakeholders;
- Compilation of all FSL related cluster 5Ws and monthly narrative reports for submission to FSL HoD;
- Participate in all FSL related joint initiatives( joint market assessments, essential needs assessment) at Yobe level;
- Monitors the FSL environment at Yobe level, through regular scanning and data gathering for new opportunities, innovations, new approaches, designs or technologies.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task;
- The employee is also required to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission staff regulations, mandate and charter including promotion of gender equality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, and Soil science, Forestry Or a Bachelor’s Degree in any other field, but with a Masters degree in the field of Food security and Livelihoods;
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in implementing food security and livelihood projects;
- Experience in a managerial / supervisory position;
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural production systems;
- Good knowledge of implementing projects in insecure contexts;
- Experience in social protection, Cash for Work, Income Generating Activities Agroforestry and other livelihood programming;
- Previous development programming experience;
- Capacity to communicate and write high quality reports;
- A sound understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural environments impacting on social protection and livelihoods in North eastern Nigeria, including a clear understanding of the relevant Federal Republic of Nigeria policies and institutional frameworks;
- Thorough knowledge of and understanding of issues in Agricultural, social protection and economic recovery.
Gross Basic Salary
NGN 718, 840 Per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.