The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Forest Technician
Reference ID: STS2022-007
Location: Olokemeji, Ogun
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Forest Center events.
- Keep records of biodiversity and activities.
- Assist in providing materials for donor reports and proposal calls.
- Assist with work order, travel authorization and expense claim.
- Organize and lead nature walks and assist with publicity.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Agriculture or related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate with knowledge of Oracle software.
- Have good documentation, administrative and communication skills.
- Have ability to work with diverse background.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Important Information and Notice
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.