The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is the domestic intelligence and security service of the United States, and its principal federal law enforcement agency. Operating under the jurisdiction of the United States Department of Justice, the FBI is also a member of the U.S. Intelligence Community and reports to both the Attorney General and the Director of National Intelligence. A leading U.S. counter-terrorism, counterintelligence, and criminal investigative organization, the FBI has jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crimes.
We are recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Special Agent – Education/Teaching Background
Open & closing dates
02/01/2019 to 01/31/2020
Pay scale & grade
$62,556 to $80,721 per year
Permanent – Must work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
Many vacancies in the following location:
Location Negotiable After Selection, United States
As an FBI Special Agent with expertise in education, you have a gift for relating to people of all ages and backgrounds. You are methodical and analytical and can simplify complex material and present it with clear explanations. Your education experience, whether K-12 or higher education, can easily translate to a Special Agent career, where you’ll enhance your team by identifying threats and building relationships with communities and individuals.
Wherever you may be working now, we need your expertise! Motivated individuals from a wide range of education backgrounds have become Special Agents, from college professors to elementary school teachers, principals and administrators. We’re looking for experts from all educational areas and backgrounds to create a diverse, high-functioning multidisciplinary team that can stay ahead of threats.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences. Here’s what you’ll need to succeed:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp the facts and details of a case and put them together into a cohesive picture that you can communicate clearly both internally and externally.
- Ability to be detail oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
- BA/BS degree in education or a related field, with teaching experience.
- Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
- Demonstrated ability to understand key concepts in a wide range of subject areas and to develop lesson plans and instructional procedures to teach and explain material to individuals from many backgrounds and educational levels.
- The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
Occasional travel – Travel is dependent on position.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibilityrequirements.
- Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
For more information about the Special Agent Selection System (SASS), physical fitness requirements and work experience waivers, please visit: https://fbijobs.gov/career-paths/special-agents.
BA/BS degree in education or a related field, with teaching experience.
How to Apply
See the full Special Agent web page here: https://fbijobs.gov/career-paths/special-agents.
AddressFederal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20535