CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children.
CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Security Nutrition & Livelihood Sector Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Duration: Short Term Contract
Type of Post: Accompanied – Family
Expected Travel: Up to 40%
- CARE is seeking a Food/Livelihood Security and Nutrition Sector Manager (FLS&N)- (for 6 months) who will provide technical leadership to CARE’s interventions in food and livelihood and nutrition sectors in Nigeria.
- The FLS&N Sector Manager will support and promote food security and livelihoods response through the establishment of sector strategies, technical guidelines, and response mechanisms in collaboration with the other Sectors’ Managers to guide CARE Nigeria programming.
- The Sector Manager is expected to facilitate the development of quality, gender-sensitive, accountable, and impact-focus interventions on livelihoods, food security, and nutrition in Nigeria.
- This includes the provision of technical advice, capacity building of staff and partners, as well as influencing policy and practice through research, analysis, and advocacy, and building resilience by linking to longer-term programming. The position will be based in Maiduguri and report directly to the Program Director.
- Information Gathering, Assessments, Analysis and Technical Guidance
- Strategy and Program Design and Development
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Reporting
- Coordination, Representation, Advocacy, and Learning
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in Agriculture or another relevant field
- 3-5 years of international experience in food security, agriculture, and livelihoods, including experience in emergency response and recovery following natural/manmade disasters
- Experience in assessment, program design & evaluation, and technical training and support
- Demonstrated technical expertise in leading food and livelihood security and nutrition sectors
- Experience working with major international donors, particularly USAID, ECHO, and DFID
- Must have experience in budget management, project management, and donor compliance (WFP, NHF, FAO, etc) in humanitarian response.
- Experience working in partnership with local organizations
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current concepts, priorities, and issues in program monitoring, data collection, and evaluation
- Fluency in English (local language skills an asset)
- Skills in technical proposal writing, designing, and implementing food security programs
- Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online