Marriott International – Protea Hotels by Marriott® is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest a personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food and Beverage (F&B) Service Expert
Job Number: 22177015
Location: Protea Hotel Owerri Select, Plot H/1 Nekede Pocket Layout, New Owerri, Imo
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Located Remotely? N
Position Type: Non-Management
- Our jobs aren’t just about putting food on the table that our guests will enjoy until they ask for their bill. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique – with food and drinks on the side.
- Our Guest Service Experts take the initiative and deliver a wide range of services to make sure that guests enjoy their meal.
- Whether setting tables, communicating with the kitchen, interacting and serving guests, or cleaning work areas and supplies, the Guest Service Expert makes transactions feel like part of the experience.
- No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – creating a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional.
- Guest Service Experts will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time; moving over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces), managing the menu (read and visually verify information), and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and 50 pounds with assistance; reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping).
- Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for Guest Service Experts – to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.