Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Home Broadband Project Implementation Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The role of the job holder is offer presales support and provide accompanying survey reports, BOQ and design documents with the most optimal and cost-effective solutions that meets the business objectives and recommend areas of improvements, product enhancements inclusive of new platforms, features and services that meets present and future needs of the FTTH and Fixed Home Broadband business.
- Conduct technical site surveys for estate Fibre projects.
- Develop and Validate solutions in terms of financial/technical feasibility and resourcing / procurement requirements.
- Help/conduct market and competitor analysis with respect to technology and pricing.
- Establish technical requirements baseline and specify the Fiber Solution Architecture for different needs.
- Create and validate Fibre project implementation schedules.
- Provide support to build/change the service catalog and working processes, including network design rules/guidelines, active and passive products, and services decisions.
- Product Management for 3rd party passive optical network products and building relation with vendors and partners.
- Create high-level comprehensive customer-centric innovative solution design that address the technical, commercial, and business needs of Estate customers.
- Provide comprehensive clarification to Customer’s technical concerns and bid queries
- Develop and validate network models and deployment scenarios
- Provide Fiber Network Reference Design (HLD and LLD)
- Generate accurate BOQ according to the customers’ requirements.
- Estimate Project Costing and Pricing, risk process from the technical perspective.
- Validate the final SoW, BoQ and RM for tendering deliverable package Support Delivery Operations in setting up the project delivery Organization (OSP Engineering Design, Implementation and Project Teams) that is required to complete the project on time
- Provide guidance and technical oversight during the detailed design, build, test and deployment phase.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Fibre network to ensure maximum availability and throughput in line with customer’s requirements.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation and in the operational phase of the projects.
Requirements / Qualifications
Education and Work Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s (or higher) Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years industry experience in architecture, design, implementation and operation of large-scale passive and active fiber networks
- Network design, engineering and/or product specialist background preferred. Experience in network engineering, architecture, planning, GIS tools or operations positions is a bonus
- Expertise in the design of fiber optic access infrastructures, converged networks and/or transport networks is required to master this position.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Associate, Professional and Expert Level certifications with OEMs like Cisco, Huawei, Juniper etc. will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of various passive network products, systems and architectures Including Active FTTH network and estate WAN solutions
- Solid understanding of E2E Fiber OSP process: Survey, Design, As-built, RoW, Implementation, Test, Acceptance, H&S, QA and Operations
- Expert level competence on Fiber Network Design and strong Implementation/realization experience
- Planning competence on FTTH/fixed access active networks
- Understanding the needs for Mobile backhaul
- Familiar with project management methodology.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.